What is Social Media?
The best way to define social media is to break it down. Media is an instrument of communication, like a newspaper or a radio.
In Web 2.0 terms, this would be a website that doesn't just give you information, but interacts with you while giving you that information. This interaction can be as simple as asking for your comments or letting you vote on an article, or it can be as complex as Flixster recommending movies to you based on the ratings of other people with similar interests.
Think of regular media as a one-way street where you can read a newspaper or listen to a report on television, but you have very limited ability to give your thoughts on the matter.
Social media, on the other hand, is a two-way street that gives you the ability to communicate too.
Nations, Daniel. "What Is Social Media. " Webtrends.about.com. About.com, 23 April 2015. http://webtrends.about.com/od/web20/a/social-media.ht
10 Benefits of Using Social Media for Business
1. is an easy way to learn about your audience
2. helps target audiences more effectively
3. finds new customers and expand your audience
4. allows you to receive instant feedback from your
5. improve market intelligence and get ahead of
your competitors with social media
6. can help increase website traffic and search
7. share content easier and faster with social
8. helps generate leads for one third of the cost
9. create meaningful relationships with customers
through social media
10. lets you increase brand awareness and reach
with little to no budget
Cisnero, Kristina. "10 Benefits of Social Media for Business Every Skeptic Should Know." Blog.hootsuite.com. Hootsuite.com, 23 August 2014. http://blog.hootsuite.com